Friday, June 24, 2011

week 12 and onto 2nd Trimester!!

Hurray!! We survived the first trimester and now onto some much needed relief...ahhh,,,
I took this pic this morning to try out my new digs I got at 'a pea in a pod', finally comfy clothes! :)
Life is good, Greg and I are trying to make things happen for our little family and even though we get SUPER frustrated with our efforts not showing results...we hug the belly and know GOD is with us.
A lot has actually happened since my last post ( a week ago?!?).
I was really falling short in my prayer power, just pissed Greg's job is taking advantage of him but we need the insurance, we've both been applying to all kinds of jobs all around Austin and even in California!
I decided to apply to GIS positions and go back to work at an engineering firm (which I swore I would never do again) but it's worth the sacrifice and this is a time to be purely unselfish.
I did apply to engineering firms in San Luis Obispo, Ca and did get a response from one firm! They said they were impressed by my resume and they are strongly perusing an airport mapping project (that would be several years of work), and when I am in town to call them and they want to take me to lunch! Super cool!!
Uh, but how the heck am I gonna fly out to SLO? Well, we shall see what fate brings...they would want to fill the position by the fall (Sept-Oct, they don't know I'm prego) and I can scrounge up airfair by then.
The thing is...I'm pregnant, we need insurance oh yea and my husband needs a job there too so we can both survive :)
Well, anything that has to do with California seems like a distant dream to me because of the obstacles in play and I am slowly facing the sad reality that I may never go back..BUT if I don't where do we want to be?
Greg has applied around SA, and recently Bryan ;) I also applied to a survey mapping firm in Bryan it's no California but it's a needed change..
So not a lot about baby!! sorry :) Well, on a more positive note, I decided to go back to my highschool stomping grounds..THE MALL ha-ha!
I am still personal training but we could use a little ( A LOT) extra. I interviewed at A pea in a pod, figure it's the best place for me since I can relate ;)
Another positive is we are moving out at the end of the month and moving into our own 'compound' at the end of the month! Let the savings begin!! Greg and I have a lot of hopes and dreams for our little family. If this beginning is the worst of it all then we have a GRANDE future!
As for little baby-he/she has moved up above the pelvic area and growing like a weed! I am hoping to get gender results early and suprise Greg on his b-day...more on that to come!
Well god bless and bye for now...
In Baby Health,
Alma and Baby Gormley
p.s. I love this pic of papa...this says it all-"We will conquer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment