Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Week Eleven...Is that Secretariat??

Hi All! Today was a very exiting day as we got to hear the baby's growing heart beat again :)
At first the nurse had trouble finding it, but I wasn't worried, we were all patient until the little person decided to reveal itself and then....WOW!! I think we have a triple crown! ha-ha! Well the nurse said, " The baby keeps moving around a lot ?!" I said, "Why am I not suprised and looked over at my wonderful hubby, Greg and smiled.", Then she said, "You have a jumping bean!" ha-ha!
Right now 160 beats a minute is what was clocked. The OBGYN Doctor came in, (whom we met for the first time), no hand shake but a huge hug and a congrats! that's nice :)
She reassured me of A LOT of things Greg and I had questions about. First off, I've gained enough weight for now :) she said I can slow down my eating ( I was indulging bc of the headache instances) and not force any unnecessary calories. What? me on a diet? Thats UNHEARD OF! I am at 150lbs and she said a lot of that is water weight, THANK YOU JESUS! the baby only weighs a little over an ounce.
Anyway, Once I hit 20 weeks, all bets are off and I'm on food frenzy mode again,
just in time for the holidays :)
Another piece of helpful advise was to buy a purifier. My allergies are in overdrive and since I live in  the allergy capital of the world, I am finding it hard to sleep peacefully without needing to blow my nose..ugh.

All in all, I am in  PERFECT HEALTH! My blood work came back perfect, blood pressure perfect, and my little one is of course perfect! I couldn't be more grateful for this beautiful gift....
The first Trimester is ALMOST over Yippee, one week to go! We go back in 4 weeks.

The due date is Jan. 4th, however the Dr. said for first babies, the delivery is sometimes later....you never know, one of you might have to share your b-day :)
Till next time~
In baby health, God Bless.
Alma and Baby Gormley

2 comments:

  1. It was unbelievable hearing the heartbeat for the first time. Our baby weighs only 1 oz, but he/she has 10lbs 8oz to go if it wants to catch up with its dad's weight when he was born. Anyway, having a kid is worth it and I cannot wait to see what I had something to do with. God is good! Come on, Wimbledon 2030. Greg

    ReplyDelete